- Maple Leaf Green World Inc. is well positioned to capture opportunities in the medical cannabis industry due to knowledge and years of experience of its personnel.
B. Business Strategy
- Acquire requisite licenses and well equipped facilities in both Canada and U.S.A. with capacity to produce 20,000 KG MJ a year.
- Grow pesticide-free, top-grade marijuana from contamination-free soil through strong quality assurance program.
- Develop new cultivation methods in order to reduce cost and increase production.
- Develop new strains that have higher cannabidiol (CBD) than THC.
- Become a commercial supplier of propagules (seeds and cuttings) with high CBD to other growers, thus provide a second source of revenue for the company.
- Emphasize quality and non-contaminated MJ for Cannabis Oil production which can be used for medical purposes.
C. Chief Grower
Mr. Joe Wong has been appointed as the Vice President of Operations, to spearhead the Medical Marijuana Project. His credential includes:
- A highly experienced horticulturist, resident of B.C., and has spent the last 30 years improving nursery production systems and greenhouse systems and growing quality seedlings in the field as bare-root and “in containers”.
- Began his agriculture nursery career with the B.C. Ministry of Forests in 1978. In 1985, Mr. Wong started Woodmere Nursery. He managed the design and construction of a greenhouse facility with initial crop production of 2.5 million containerized seedlings per year and has now increased these operations to growing 12 million seedlings annually.
- Extensive experience assisting field silviculturists in improving reforestation success from seed collection to planting through implementation of research trials and analysis of plantation failures.
- Reduced costs for silviculture programs by reducing the usage of seeds, growing crops with less energy and reducing the time to grow certain species.
- Involved throughout his career in genetic improvement and research on the benefits of ectomycorrhizae symbiotic relationships in reforestation and afforestation.
- Led by him, Woodmere Nursery has won the prestigious Northern Forest Innovator’s Award for its research into improving germination of subalpine fir trees (Abies lasiocarpa).
D. Growing Facility
- Maple Leaf is in discussions with Woodmere to revise the leasing agreement to lease the 30 acres of vacant land for a new state of the art 80,000 sq ft growing facility in order to cultivate medical cannabis, upon receipt by Maple Leaf Green World Inc. of an ACMPR license from Health Canada.
E. Current Status
- The Company is at stage 5 – review with ACMPR application.
- Retained CCI to assist the completion of ACMPR application.
- Retained PSI to design and construct a state of art growing facility with 1st phase started with 30,000 sq ft.
- Expect to complete the construction by the end of 2017.