Mr. Joe Wong has been appointed as the Vice President of Operations, to spearhead the Medical Marijuana Project. His credential includes:
- A highly experienced horticulturist, resident of B.C., and has spent the last 30 years improving nursery production systems and greenhouse systems and growing quality seedlings in the field as bare-root and “in containers”.
- Began his agriculture nursery career with the B.C. Ministry of Forests in 1978. In 1985, Mr. Wong started Woodmere Nursery. He managed the design and construction of a greenhouse facility with initial crop production of 2.5 million containerized seedlings per year and has now increased these operations to growing 12 million seedlings annually.
- Extensive experience assisting field silviculturists in improving reforestation success from seed collection to planting through implementation of research trials and analysis of plantation failures.
- Reduced costs for silviculture programs by reducing the usage of seeds, growing crops with less energy and reducing the time to grow certain species.
- Involved throughout his career in genetic improvement and research on the benefits of ectomycorrhizae symbiotic relationships in reforestation and afforestation.
- Led by him, Woodmere Nursery has won the prestigious Northern Forest Innovator’s Award for its research into improving germination of subalpine fir trees (Abies lasiocarpa).